Monday

Moncler Gamme Rouge Fall 2010


PARIS — “I love this moment of cleaning up the silhouette and finding the new,” said Giambattista Valli of the white balaclava-covered head to fur-booted toe of the Space Age outfits he created for Moncler Gamme Rouge.


Valli presented his designs just beside The Ritz in Paris. Looks were both futuristic and luxe, with several vignettes showcasing a variety of silhouettes. Fuzzy white jackets were lined up on identical mannequins, while a detailed orange puffer was highlighted in a vault. Short grey numbers were adorned with scale-like paillettes, while black coat dresses were enhanced with pleated adornments.
I didn't know what to expect when I searched for Moncler Gamme Rouge' latest collection when it reached the Internet, however I was pleasantly surprised. Valli has added knitwear to the label and the collection has an overall more sporty look than his previous collections. It is interesting to see the different routes Valli and I have taken for the new collection, where I have opted for a more couture look. However, there are still elements of couture in Valli's collection, the jackets that he has adored in sequins; similar to what I am doing on the hip panels of my tailored jacket which I will be covering in gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment