Friday

Toiling Continued...




I have finished my jacket toile, having come up with a shape that I am happy with. I intend to digitally print the front and hip panels of the jacket on a thick silk satin and the collar and hip bands will be made out of either silk velvet or cotton velvet. I have also started to toile my trousers. I started by making up the basic toile and then cutting out strips of paper which I then pinned onto the trousers in various positions at different lengths until I was happy with the way that they looked. I then drew on the strip that goes all the way around the legs from the thighs to the ankles. I then took the toile apart, drew out the pattern pieces and loosely stitched them together so I could begin inserting the bands of calico. Once I had done this I sewed the strips into the seams, however I was not happy with the overall look as the bands were too loose. I cut and pinned them back then re-inserted them into my trousers. I intend to make the trousers out of a woven wool and the strips out of the same fabric as the hip panels and collar on the tailored jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment