Friday

National Portrait Gallery


Sir Kenelm Digby
1640
Sir Anthony Van Dyck

Philip II, King of Spain
1580
Unknown artist


King Charles I
1613
Daniel Mytens


Henry Wriothesley, 3rd Earl of Southampton
1618
Daniel Mytens

A visit to the National Portrait Gallery has given me new ideas for my jacket. Whilst at the gallery I viewed paintings from the 16th and 17th centuries. I was drawn to the paintings that consisted of armour - it was the hard, body forming shapes that caught my attention, along with the gold and cut-out details. I particularly like the painting of Philip II which has given me new ideas for a shaped hem at the bottom of my jacket. The clothes that King Charles are wearing look luxurious and I really LOVE the jacket that he is wearing - the hard shaping, the cut-out and embroidered details and overall regal look.

No comments:

Post a Comment