Monday

Moncler Gamme Rouge

As well as their main line and their skiwear line Neige, Moncler have collaborated with several designers in order to modernise the brand and make it appeal to a wider audience.

In 2006 Alessandra Facchinetti designed Moncler’s first high end collection called Moncler Gamme Rouge, the range which I will be designing for. Since 2008 Giambattista has been the head designer for Moncler Gamme Rouge. Looking at the first Gamme Rouge Collection up until the present day I can see how the range has developed and become more of a luxury label. Here are some images from the Moncler Gamme Rouge debut collection - Spring/Summer 2006:




Fall 2006:


Fall 2007:



Fall 2008:
Materials played a big role in Giambattista Valli's first collection for Moncler. Duchesse de soie, gazar, and macramé were draped, embroidered, and encrusted with lace.

"I realized the collection had to be sculpted. Here, I am totally focused on a single thing. It's like Apple designing an iPod. Every piece must stand on its own as a masterpiece!"







When I looked at this collection for the first time I completely fell in love with it! It is more fashionable than the previous three seasons and this is the first time that I have felt really excited about the prospect of designing for Moncler. I am much happier now with my designer - it is definitely going to be less challenging designing for a brand that I can relate and aspire to - although I think making a luxury padded coat is still going to be a challenge but this is something that I enjoy overcoming. I like the puff sleeves and high necks held in place with goose down and the surface pattern - the folded fabric and the embellisment. I especially like the two coats which fade from red into white and black into white which appear to be dip-dyed. Print is something that I am considering using somewhere in my Autumn/Winter 2010/11 outfit for Moncler Gamme Rouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment