Monday

Fabric Shopping

Friday 22nd Feb:

This morning five members of the class gave their designer presentations and it was really interesting to learn about designers that I knew little about previously. This is something that I will look forward to each week. I am also enjoying learning about where different fabrics come from and their uses as knowing about fabrics and their suitability for different garments is crucial during the design process. In the afternoon we went fabric shopping in our groups and I went to the Cloth House, John Lewis and Textile King. I collected samples from each of the shops which you can see below:

(left: 100% cotton £8/m, right: 100% silk £22/m)


After reseraching what fabrics Valli uses for Moncler Gamme Rouge I knew what I was looking for: luxury fabrics including silk, jacquard and organdy. Three of the colours that I have chosen are off white as I am planning to use print on my garments. I am not sure what some of the fabrics are that I collected samples of so I am looking forward to doing the burn test next week! I am going to Shepherd's bush in the morning to get some more samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment