Monday

From Aqua to Ancient Rome

I am now looking at the images more closely to spark new ideas. To me this first image looks fragile and delicate and reminds me of paper. I have grouped it with paper art by Richard Sweeney:
I was watching television and saw a fantastic image of hundreds of jellyfish grouped together which brought me back to this image, the small fractures of ice on the surface of the sea resemble the jellyfish grouped together. This also led me to look at sea life and anenome.


However, it was the image below that inspired me the most. The three-dimensional feel of the photograph reminds me of steps and the curve of the steps reminds me of the steps in a coliseum. I am excited about exploring this concept further and looking to Ancient Rome for inspiration, starting with Gladiators that fought in the coliseum.

No comments:

Post a Comment