Tuesday

V&A

I went to look at work from the Royal College MA fashion course at the Victoria and Albert Museum and I really enjoyed it. It was great being able to see sketchbooks, work in progress, mood boards and final garments made by the students and reading about the different processes that they used to achieve the techniques they have perfected on their garments. A couple of the outfits fitted in with my armour/uniform theme that is emerging:
Whilst at the V&A I also looked in the Medieval rooms and took images of the engraved stone replicas. I really like the idea of having a print on my coat that has an embossed/3-D look. One of the images relates back to an image that I found at the beginning of my research-the scales of gladiator armour: The metal armour formed in this way also reminds me of reptiles skin:

No comments:

Post a Comment